Georgia Tobacco Quit Line
Posted at 10:59 AM
The South Central Health District reminds you that there are free resources to help you quit the use of tobacco products. The Georgia Tobacco Quit Line (GTQL) is a FREE public health service available to help Georgians quit smoking, vaping and stop using all forms of tobacco products. GTQL is monitored by the Georgia Tobacco Use Prevention Program (GTUPP) and partners with a national tobacco cessation vendor to provide telephone, text, and web-based services.
The Georgia Tobacco Quit Line provides free, confidential, and professional tobacco counseling services use and is easily accessible for Georgia residents ages 13 and older.
To Georgia residents who want to quit the use of smoking or consuming tobacco or vapor products Contact the Georgia Tobacco Quit Line at 1-877-270-STOP (7867).
The Georgia Tobacco Quit Line is a free call and offers free services.
- Callers are connected to a trained counselor who provides:
- An assessment of readiness to quit
- A customized quit plan, including up to five additional counseling phone calls
- Motivation and problem-solving advice
- Information about cessation insurance benefits
- Information about and referral to other cessation services, including local resources
- A Georgia Tobacco Quit Kit, including materials tailored to your readiness to quit
- Instructions on downloading the Quit Start app and how it can help you in your journey to better health
YOU can quit smoking, vaping, and using smokeless tobacco today! When you are ready, we can help. Improve your chances of quitting by calling the Georgia Tobacco Quit Line (GTQL).
(877) 270-STOP (7867) | Español (877) 2NO-FUME (877-266-3863)
Hearing Impaired: 1-877-777-6534
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (including holidays)
For more information, please check out the resources listed below:
If you have questions, please contact the South Central Health District at www.southcentralhealth.info or call (478) 275-6545
- South Central Health