Heart of Georgia Healthy Start
View More: Programs
Heart of Georgia Healthy Start is a locally planned and implemented infant mortality reduction project. We are part of a network of federally funded Healthy Start programs, but our project is unique and specially designed by members of our community.
Heart of Georgia Healthy Start is a partnership of the 10-county South Central Health District and the Heart of Georgia Healthy Start Coalition.
Our purpose is to decrease infant mortality and improve the health of all babies in our communities. We use research-based methods to combat the causes of infant mortality in our area.
Heart of Georgia Healthy Start Services include:
- Parent to parent support (Healthy Start Advocates)
- Breastpump loan program
- Breastfeeding counseling and classes
- Childbirth Education
- Parenting Classes
- Care by registered nurses for pregnant women and mothers of infants
- Follow-up care for infants through the age of two years
- SIDS risk reduction education
If you would like more information about Healthy Start or to receive any of our services, contact:
The Healthy Start House
912 Bellevue Avenue
Dublin, GA 31021