Community Health Promotion
View More: Programs
The mission of the Health Promotion program is to assist in developing, organizing and implementing community-based health promotion/risk reduction programs. Health promotion contributes to the health of the community by enabling individuals and groups to gain greater control over the determinants of health, prevent unnecessary death, disability, and disease, and increase the span of healthy life.
- Comprehensive tobacco use prevention activities including tobacco cessation services through the Georgia Tobacco Quit Line (GTQL)
- Implementation of population-based strategies that address chronic disease prevention and management
- Health communication and education
- Implementation of primary prevention strategies to address obesity in children, adolescents, and adults
- Technical assistance to worksites on the development and implementation of evidence-based worksite wellness policies and practices
- Community capacity building through the provision of technical assistance to community based organizations to address chronic disease prevention, risk factor reduction, and positive youth development
Diabetes Support Group
Have you or a loved one been diagnosed with diabetes?
Come to our FREE support group to learn more about managing your blood sugar. Enjoy a healthy snack and meet others with diabetes!
Second Monday of every month
212 Fairview Park Drive
For more information, please contact:
478-275-6524 or 1-800-453-4504
478-275-6523 or 1-800-453-4504